Sabbath day (Gen.2: 13 & Ex.20: 8-11) ———-By r. a. ———–Saturday, Oct.16/21
In Messiah’s (Yahshua’s) name: John 8:31-32 … So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
There are many reasons why individuals/nations turn away from seeking the “truth”. They also refuse to listen to anyone declaring same.
Some time ago I read an article in a major online American news paper – I’ve forgotten the title – but it was in reference to science, God and the Bible. In that piece, a scientist admitted in all his 30 years of study, conducting experiments and attending scientific conferences, he never once heard any of his fellow scientists mention “God”.
However, just two days ago I came across a vid in which an author was being interviewed by a Christian pastor. The author had written a book titled “Is Atheism Dead?”. In his book, he elaborates on how many scientists are now claiming there is evidence proving that a Creator-God exists! That news is not what an atheist would want to hear. So be it!
Here are five causes why people turn away from the truth.
(1) The fact is there are those who are always learning – acquiring many university decrees, information and the like, but they “never come into the knowledge of the truth. They oppose the truth because their minds are corrupted (perverted, morally depraved)”. (2Tim.3: 7 – 8)
(2) People turn away because of their godless life-style and unbelief. I was among those at one time. They accept the lies (evolution, aliens, etc.) 11 “And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” (2Thess.2: 11 -12)
(3) Many individuals/nations are spiritually blind: 26 “Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:”
“For the heart of this people is waxed gross (stupefied, hardened), and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.” (Acts28: 26 – 27)
(4) People love the world instead of the truth – “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.” (1Jn 2: 15)
(5) People and nations are led astray by Satan, the god of this world. The phrase “god of this world” indicates that Satan is the major influence on the ideals, opinions, goals, hopes and views of the majority of people. His influence also encompasses the world’s philosophies, education, and commerce.
He “deceives the whole world” (Rev.12: 9)
In closing: the truth sets you free (Jn. 8: 31 – 32) from false religions, teachers, philosophies and the many lies that are foisted off on us by governments, media, educational institutions, film, TV and social media.
Seek and do the truth and live forever. The alternative is eternal death.
All glory, praise and honor to the Creator-God, the great I AM, in Messiah’s name.
Peace, blessings and protection to all who seek and love the truth – God’s Word (Jn.17: 17 & Psalm 119: 142)