Sabbath Day (Gen.2: 1-3 & Ex.20: 8 – 11) ————- By r. a.———- Saturday, Oct. 17, 2020
In Messiah’s name: “The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness’ sake; he (Messiah) will magnify the law, and make it honourable”. (Isa.42: 21)
Let me begin by stating what many others have noted. “We have been the unwitting slaves of an invisible, perversely intelligent, deceitful, powerful, and heartless master who is the ‘god of this world’.” (11 Corinthians 4:4).
This “god” is called “Satan”. He is also tagged in the bible as the Devil, Lucifer, Abaddon (Rev.9: 11), Beelzebub (Matt.12: 24, Old Serpent (Rev.20: 2) and several other names. In the main, he is our “adversary” [enemy/opponent] (1 Peter 5: 8).
Nevertheless, Satan is subject to the Creator-God’s control as revealed in the book of Job ((Job 1:12; 2:6).
It is worthy to note, that people who have rejected God’s authority — his commandments, statutes (holy days), judgments and love — are in subjection to the power of Satan and his wicked way of life. I was once among those very people.
Here are just three of several ways Satan displays his power over the wicked.
(1) They Do His Will — You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him… (Jn.8: 44)
(2) Satan Blinds Them — the god of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not…the glorious gospel of Christ… (2 Cor.4: 4)
(3) Satan Snares Them — And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will. (2 Tim 2: 26)
Here are four ways the power of Satan is displayed over the people of God.
(1) Satan Tempts Them With Riches and Glory — the devil takes him (Messiah) up into an exceeding high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9 And said unto him, All these things will I give thee, if you will fall down and worship me. (Matt.4: 8)
(2) Satan Afflicts Them — So went Satan forth from the presence of the Lord, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown. (Job2: 7)
(3) Satan Beguiles/Entices/Lures — But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty (cunning) (see Gen 3: 1- 7), so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. (2 Cor.11: 3)
(4) Satan Disguises Himself — 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.(2 Cor.11: 14)
Satan sows seeds of doubt, unbelief and rebellion in the minds of the collective. That is, our present social systems, governments, education, science and mass media are forever denying the existence of a Creator-God and his laws. Consequently, this generation has become an ungodly and lawless one.
In conclusion, Sunday-keeping Christians and Catholics are Satan’s top of the line dupes. Hear this: “in vain they do worship me (the Creator-God), teaching for doctrines the commandments of men”. (Matt.15: 9 & Mat: 22- 23)
Satan Is a liar. He has fooled these blind and lawless assemblies into believing that the Creator-God accepts and is pleased with their wicked pagan days/festivals — Sunday, Christmas, Easter, Hell-o-ween, Valentine’s etc. etc. In truth, they are Idolators and outwardly visible sinners. (See Ex.20: 3 – 11).
We are all sinners, but the wise and God-fearing repent and confess their sins.
Woe to the lawless on the day of judgment. (See Rev.21: 8) Don’t be a fool – repent, turn and seek your Creator thru his son, Messiah (Yahshua) and live for ever.
All glory, praise and honor to the Creator-God, the great I AM, in Messiah’s (Yahshua’s) name.
Peace, blessings and protection to all who seek and love the truth – God’s Word (Jn. 17: 17 & Ps.119: 142)