Sabbath Day (Gen. 2: 1 – 3 & Ex.20: 8 – 11) By r. a. Saturday, May 09, 2020
In Messiah’s name: “The fool says in his/her heart, ‘There is no God’. (Ps.53:1) “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endures for ever”. (Ps.111: 10)
It was on the coffee table. I never owned or held one in my hands before. Because I was born and brought up as a Catholic, we were never encouraged to own or read one. Now I know why! However, that’s another story for another time – maybe?
My girl friend at the time had a bible, but it wasn’t until a few years into our relationship that I found out she owned one. On this particular day, she had placed it on the coffee table just before I came for a visit. The reason she did this is because of what I had told her the day before. That too, is another story.
At any rate, I picked the bible up and opened it. It just so happened that I opened it at the beginning of the book of Proverbs. I was blown away because I didn’t know the bible contained “Proverbs”.
As I began to read, I couldn’t put it down as I was completely captivated by the wisdom and instruction contained therein. It was the next day or two when I went and bought a bible. That coffee table and that “book” on it, eventually led me to my conversion.
Thus, this Sabbath I thought I’d just present some various proverbs which hopefully will enlighten and encourage everyone who takes the time to read them. If you’re a seeker of the Creator-God, then these few proverbs I have listed, of the many, may be the catalyst to your own personal conversion. May it be so!
In case you don’t know, Proverbs was written by King Solomon. He asked God for wisdom to rule God’s nation and the Creator-God granted his request.
Proverbs are short sayings that express a basic truth or practical precept, meaning a guiding principle or rule.
Here are 10 Proverbs taken from “The book of Proverbs, chapter 28. The various verses are numbered beginning with verse 1.
(1) The wicked flee when no man pursues: but the righteous are bold as a lion.
(4) They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend (debates/resists) with them.
(5) Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the Lord understand all things.
(9) He that turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.
(11) The rich man is wise in his own conceit; but the poor that has understanding (fears God) searches him out (sees his errors/flaws).
13 He that covers his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy.
(15) As a roaring lion, and a ranging bear; so is a wicked ruler over the poor people.
(20) A faithful man (fears God) shall abound with blessings: but he that makes haste to be rich shall not be innocent (he will be a lawbreaker).
(25) He that is of a proud heart stirs up strife: but he that puts his trust in the Lord shall be made fat (will prosper).
(27) He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack: but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse.
May you be enlightened, encouraged and inspired to seek your Creator, thru his son, Messiah. The bible, God’s Word, is the truth! (Jn.17: 17 & Ps 119: 142)
All glory, praise and honor to the Creator-God, the great I AM, in Messiah’s name.
Peace, blessings and protection to all who seek and love the truth.